- Data on file. IQVIA Top Branded Oral Rx Medication. AbbVie Inc. January 2018.
- SYNTHROID [package insert]. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie Inc.
- Lomenick JP, Wang L, Ampah SB, et al. Generic levothyroxine compared with Synthroid in young children with congenital hypothyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98(2):653-658.
- Data on file. Branded Drugs & Thyroid Market and Naturals. AbbVie Inc. 2015.
- US Food and Drug Administration. Q&A on CGMPs. https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/Manufacturing/ucm124740.htm. Accessed January 22, 2021.
- US Food and Drug Administration. Current Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations. https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/Manufacturing/ucm090016.htm. Accessed January 22, 2021.
- Data on file. 37% Data. AbbVie Inc.
- Delta Marketing Dynamics. DMD Synthroid Rx Audit Summary, August 2017.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Approved drug products with therapeutic equivalence evaluations. 41st ed.
https://www.fda.gov/media/71474/download. Published 2021. Accessed January 22, 2021.
- Data on file. Synthroid Consumer AAU report. AbbVie Inc. 2017
- Baskin HJ, Cobin RH, Duick DS, et al; for American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists medical guidelines for clinical practice for the evaluation and treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. [published correction appears in Endocr Pract. 2008;14(6):802-803]. Endocr Pract. 2002;8(6):457-469.
- Garber JR, Cobin RH, Gharib H, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for hypothyroidism in adults: cosponsored by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association. Endocr Pract. 2012;18(6):988-1028.
- Demers LM, Spencer CA, eds; National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Laboratory medicine practice guidelines: laboratory support for the diagnosis of thyroid disease.
https://www.aacc.org/-/media/Files/Science-and-Practice/Practice-Guidelines/Thyroid-Disease/ThyroidArchived2010.pdf?la=en&hash=0556298535B60C441FBB6AC742E3A4652E0332F8. Published 2002. Accessed January 22, 2021.
- Managed Markets Insights & Technology (MMIT). Accessed January 2021. As of December 2020.
- Canaris GJ, Manowitz NR, Mayor G, Ridgway EC. The Colorado thyroid disease prevalence study. Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:526-534.
- Carr D, McLeod DT, Parry G, Thornes HM. Fine adjustment of thyroxine replacement dosage: comparison of the thyrotrophin releasing hormone test using a sensitive thyrotrophin assay with measurement of free thyroid hormones and clinical assessment.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1988;28(3):325-333.
- Hypothyroidism. American Thyroid Association website.
https://www.thyroid.org/wp-content/uploads/patients/brochures/Hypothyroidism_web_booklet.pdf?pdf=Hypothyroidism%20Booklet. Updated 2019. Accessed January 21, 2021.
- Alexander EK, Pearce EN, Brent GA, et al. 2017 Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the diagnosis and management of thyroid disease during pregnancy and the postpartum. Thyroid. 2017;27(3):315-389.
- Hollowell JG, Staehling NW, Flanders WD, et al. Serum TSH, T(4), and thyroid antibodies in the United States population (1988 to 1994): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87(2):489-499.